What They’re Saying About Trump’s Detroit Speech
Below are some of the early reviews of Trump’s speech just now at the Detroit Economic Club. Donald Trump’s latest attempt to reset his campaign would be an economic disaster for American families, including the loss of 3.5 million new jobs.
- @jdelreal: Trump says policy should be “geared toward keeping jobs and wealth inside” US. He’ll need to square making his branded products outside US.
- @ktumulty: No rest for WaPo factcheckers @GlennKesslerWP and @myhlee in this @realDonaldTrump speech.
- @CenterOnBudget: A central element of Trump’s tax plan is an expensive tax cut that would flow primarily to the wealthiest Americans: http://bit.ly/2aGkZHw
- @jbarro: There is no *new* Trump tax plan today. He’s just withdrawing his old tax plan, & adding a new, expensive, unspecified child care deduction.
- @svdate: Details to be released “In the coming weeks?” Didn’t he say that LAST September?
- @NickRiccardi: Candidate for president of the United States calls the nation’s official unemployment rate “one of the biggest hoaxes” in politics.
- @kairyssdal: Once again, and to be clear, @realDonaldTrump is lying about unemployment rate manipulation.