In advance of Carly Fiorina’s speech today, we’d like to give you a taste of “The State Of Women In Carly Fiorina’s America.”
- Fiorina does not support legislation requiring equal pay (but who needs it, when you have a $21 million golden parachute to rely on).
- Fiorina thinks there is no use for laws mandating paid maternity leave.
- Fiorina called for overturning Roe v. Wade, which would take women’s rights back to the 1960’s.
- Fiorina backed a measure that would have required women who were raped to file a police report before obtaining an abortion, even after GOP women in Congress said the bill was too extreme.
- Fiorina said a Texas bill that closed 86 percent of the abortion clinics in the state was “not particularly extreme.”
- Fiorina doesn’t take access to contraception seriously, saying women have “plenty of access to birth control both before and after” the Supreme Court’s Hobby Lobby decision.