Tonight, Ohio Governor John Kasich will give his State of the State Address. But here’s the REAL state of Ohio:
- Kasich has spent more than half of the past year — at least 177 days — out of state.
- Ohio taxpayers have shelled out more than $350,000 so far to foot the bill for Kasich’s out-of-state campaigning, and overtime pay for his security detail has jumped 64 percent.
- Ohio’s job growth has trailed the national average for *39* straight months.
- There are more Ohio kids living in poverty today than there were during the height of the recession back in 2008.
- Ohio’s public education system has plummeted from 5th in the nation to 23rd.
- Kasich signed a bill earlier this year to defund Planned Parenthood. Already, half of Ohio’s clinics were forced to stop providing constitutional, safe and legal abortions under laws signed by Kasich.
- Ohio ranks 45th in the nation for infant mortality, 47th in hunger, and 46th in home foreclosures.
“John Kasich can keep pretending he’s different from Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, but the fact is that his governorship has been a failure, and his policies have always been just as extreme as the rest of his party. Having a more reasonable veneer than Cruz and Trump is a pretty low bar for success. Let’s not forget that Kasich was one of the original government shutdown architects, long before Cruz cost our economy $24 billion. Kasich’s been a disaster for Ohio, and he’d be a disaster for the rest of the country.” – TJ Helmstetter, DNC spokesperson