The Democratic National Committee has launched a new national cable television ad, “A Good Send-Off,”which will air on programming aimed at African-American voters across the country. The ad supports Democratic candidates up and down the ballot and features excerpts from an electrifying speech President Obama gave recently urging voters to vote before polls close on November 8th. As the president says in the ad, “All the progress we’ve made is at stake in this election. Tolerance is on the ballot. Ending mass incarceration, that’s on the ballot right now… You want to give me a good sendoff? Go vote!”
Watch the ad here.
“A Good Send-Off” is part of the DNC’s significant seven-figure multi-media ad campaign aimed at communities of color. The DNC paid advertising consists of:
- · Ads on nationally syndicated African-American radio programming;
- · Ads on urban radio stations in key states;
- · Print ads in African-American newspapers across the country;
- · Ads on nationally syndicated Hispanic radio programming;
- · Ads on streaming services aimed at Hispanic millennial voters;
- · Print ads in Hispanic newspapers;
- · Ads on Asian-American and Pacific Islander radio programming;
- · Print ads in Asian-American and Pacific Islander publications;
- · Paid digital program targeting 20 states;
- · Online ads aimed at millennials, African-Americans and Latinos.